Casco Bay Tuna Club
The rules will be updated for the 2021 tournament soon!
Casco Bay Tuna Club Rules for 2016
We will NOT be accepting COD or BLUE SHARKS.
If you have more questions about rules, regulations, and license requirement CLICK HERE.
1. The following minimum lengths must be met for any fish to be entered in the Sportfish category:
** Length restriction DOES NOT apply for the Junior Tournament.
2. Only fish landed by Rod & reel or Handline may be entered.
3. The Tournament starts at 7:00 A.M., July 25, 2016 and ends at 4:00 P.M. July 30, 2016.
4. All fish entered must be weighed by the entrant at Cook’s Lobster & Ale House, Bailey Island, on the Club’s certified scale. Weight Record Slip must be signed by the Angler and by the Weigh Master at this location. All fish are subject to inspection by discretion by the weigh master.
5. Fish must be entered before 6:00 P.M. to qualify for that day’s entry. Fish entered after 6:00 P.M. will be weighed and will qualify for the following day with the exception of Saturday, the 30th of July, the last day of the tournament. On Saturday, ALL FISH MUST BE ENTERED AND WEIGHED BEFORE 4:00 P.M., the time the tournament ends.
6. In the event of a tie(s), the first fish entered by date and time shall be declared the winner.
7. The entry fee must be paid prior to the start of the Tournament or BEFORE the angler may legally start fishing.
8. Only the largest registered fish per person per day per fish species will be eligible for prizes.
9. Tournament Headquarters will monitor channel 71 on VHF. A cell Phone number will be announced at the Captains Meeting for the anglers entered in the Tuna category.
10. Part of the entrance fee for adults goes to membership in the Casco Bay Tuna Club.
SCALES WILL OPEN AT 10:00 AM EACH DAY
Tuna rules will be discussed at the Captains’ Meeting,
6:00 p.m., July 24th at Cook’s Lobster & Ale House, Bailey Island.
Copyright Casco Bay Tuna Club. All rights reserved.